The healthcare and pharmaceutical industry is highly specialized and technical. It needs very competent and well-informed people to interact with healthcare professionals.
Due to the constant advances in medical products, Pharmaceutical sales representatives need rigorous training on selling skills including how to consult with doctors. Other employees working in this vertical need training on regulatory norms such as Good Manufacturing Practices.
To enhance the product knowledge of employees and ensure compliance to applicable laws, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly jumping at the chance to implement eLearning initiatives which give remote access to training / certification, collaboration and meetings without the need to devote time to travel or organized classes.
Drawn by significant cost saving, enhanced technology and improved effectiveness, companies are discovering the potential uses of eLearning in all areas of operations, including clinical development, regulatory, sales and marketing, and corporate divisions.
Simply put, eLearning is the use of digital technologies to equip employees and customers with up-to-date knowledge quickly and effectively.
Benefits of eLearning
- Training becomes flexible, easy and quick. Staff can complete training in their own time, on their own devices, and on the go
- Employees can be trained up on a new product or service with personalized and rich multimedia content in multiple locations, multiple languages, all at once or at different times, and from day one of release
- Training can be adapted cross-culturally and to different markets, quickly and easily
- Companies will have more efficient and trained staff with up-to-date knowledge with self-check quizzes that help learners test their knowledge
- Reduce time and cost dedicated to printing, travelling, training meetings, live programs, workshops, medical conferences or medical dinners
So adoption of newer technologies has gained momentum to satisfy the needs of the targeted audience (customer, employees, partners, and associates), which is no longer limited to the physical boundaries of nations.